Lead is a highly toxic metal found in small amounts in the earth’s crust. Because of its abundance, low cost, and physical properties, lead and lead compounds have been used in a wide variety of products including paint, ceramics, pipes, solders, gasoline, batteries, and cosmetics. Since 1980, federal and state regulatory standards have helped to minimize or eliminate the amount of lead in consumer products and occupational settings. Today, the most common sources of lead exposure in the United States are lead-based paint in older homes, contaminated soil, household dust, drinking water, lead crystal, and lead-glazed pottery.
FACT: Lead exposure can harm young children and babies even before they are born.
FACT: Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
FACT: You can get lead in your body by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips containing lead.
FACT: You have many options for reducing lead hazards. In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard.
FACT: Removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to your family.
If you think your home might have lead hazards, contact Sapper 6 to discuss lead and make an appointment for a specialist to visit your home. It is the first step to protecting your family.
Childhood lead poisoning remains a major environmental health problem in the United States.
In general, the older your home, the more likely it has lead-based paint.
Sapper 6 professionals can evaluate your home and test the proper materials to determine your family's risk to lead exposure. Click on the Lead Testing page for more information.
We accept the following credit cards:
Click on the BBB Logo to view our statistics
615 North Mulberry St., Suite 101
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Office: (270) 360-8200
Copyright © 2015 Sapper 6, Inc. All rights reserved.